Beauty in the Eye of God, the Beholder

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nicaragua-Day 6&7: July 4-5, 2012

     Today we were back in the little town by the Center. I finally learned the towns name: Rosario Murillo. It was named after President Daniel Ortega's wife. He gave the people the land after the began building there.
     We had even more kids then we did the first day we were there. One the 4th we taught the story of Jesus' resurrection and then made Salvation bracelets with them. We also brought facepaint with us this time and drew on the kid's faces. They loved this! I learned a lot of my Spanish this way. :) It started raining before we finished everything, so we got a little wet.
     It stopped raining long enough to swim and have our own little fireworks show for our Independence Day celebration.
     On the 5th we taught them the salvation story using an EvangaCube. Cari Woughter told the story in Spanish and I turned/flipped the cube around so they could see the pictures as she told the story. I think they really enjoyed it. Then we made bandanna's with the older kids. They thought that was cool. We also facepainted again.
     This was definitely my favorite place we went to. I'd love to go back to there again and work with the kids there some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment